Thursday, March 9, 2006

business UNusual

Why can I grasp grandious concepts, and yet simple things puzzle me? What joy can be found in these meaningless pursuits of that which is temporary? What makes me long for fuel? Why am I so passionate about the journey, while others wallow in the mediocre?

Concept: the big idea - the underlying force that drives you to the goal
Application: the method, the manner in which you practically utilize the concept
Outcome: success or failure; the end result

Being an entrepeneur, I have many BIG IDEAs.. my problem is the application. As the saying goes, "there is more then one way to skin a cat." ie There are always many routes to the same destination. The problem lies in finding the BEST route or method to make the concept a success, which in business is profit, and for me satisfaction.

Since many of my "big ideas" are still classified, let me give you a familiar example.

indoor lighting

concept: the term "lightbulb" was created after the invention, ie no one set out to make a lightbulb, they had a concept, which in this case was to create a means by which light could be easily controlled in any enviornment.

application: the only competition exsisted from a candle, which only lasted so long, and had to be extinguished and relit when needed. light is crucial for many tasks, especially since sunlight only lasts for so many hours in a given day. the candle already proved that it was possible to "create" light. the key to success would be to make it more controllable and easily accessible.

outcome: eventual success - the big idea was around for sometime, but the capabilities weren't in place for many years, as the lightbulb wasn't possible without electricity.

Creating a successfull business is the same way, there are many factors to consider, and you can never fully control them all. If you never willing to fail, you'll never succeed.

Pity is self loathing, Scrafice is selfless, Anger is ignorance, Pain is life altering, Love is indescrible - and yet I quanitfy it. Hate is fury - and yet I control it. My flesh cries out for the temporary, and yet I long for the everlasting! I am my flesh, and yet I am not. I am my reflection, and yet I am not. I AM, and yet I AM NOT! -poem "memyselfni" by drew tufano

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home