Sunday, October 22, 2006

the good news

The bible tells us we're born into sin
Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned
Romans 5:12
in other words; we are born broken.
This broken-ness affects our whole world, so the perfect world God created is now fractured (sinful), and full of broken people.
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God
Romans 3:23
So in order to reconcile (bring back into order) us to Himself, He sent His son (Jesus). He lived a perfect life, died on a cross, and the shedding of His blood was a propitiation (satisfying Gods justice) for our sin. He then conquered death, and rose again so that we may have new life.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
John 3:16
God provided the sole means of our salvation, through His son Jesus.
Jesus answered, I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
John 14:6
Jesus offers the free gift of Grace (forgiveness) and Salvation (eternal life) upon placing faith and lordship of your life to Him.
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God
Ephesians 2:8
Jesus tells us that once we place our faith in Him, we are spiritually reborn.
Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying, You must be born again.
John 3:6-7
We die to our broken (sinful) self, and are made new by the cleansing of His blood. We are also given the holy spirit who comes and dwells with us.
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.
Acts 1:8
Now being new creations (spiritually reborn),
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
2 Corinthians 5:17
we are enabled to live as disciples of Jesus, but we still battle the old nature
So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members.
Romans 7:21-23
Jesus told us the cost of following, He never promised it would be easy, but He promised it would be worth it.
Then he said to them all: If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.
Luke 9:23
I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world. My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world. For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified.
John 17:14-19
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.
Romans 8:18
* all scripture quoted is from the NIV translation of the bible

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home