Saturday, July 8, 2006

24 hours with Jesus

Friday (July 7th 2006)
Awoke at 10am
10:30am checked email
11:00am Showered
11:30am Ate breakfast (Bowl of multi-grain cereal with 2% milk, 1 banana, 2 pieces of whole wheat bread with some real butter, cup of orange juice – simply orange)
11:45am Went to borders bookstore, started reading the great omission by Dallas Willard chapters 1-5, went to Barnes and noble and read the introduction to the divine conspiracy by Dallas Willard
2:00pm collected some of my dvd collection which I felt God calling me to be rid of, and sold them to Half Price books.
Worked 3pm-10pm
5:45pm had a harvest salad from cotton patch (chicken, walnuts, apples, balsamic vinaigrette and 2 pieces of cornbread) was really good, but expensive $8.75
10:35pm Checked myspace, email, facebook
11:30pm – 1am Read Not even a hint by Josh Harris the rest of the evening before falling asleep, got through about 50% of the book.

Saturday (July 8th 2006)
Awoke at 8:30am
8:35am Checked email, myspace, facebook
9:30am Showered
10:00am Ate breakfast (Bowl of multi-grain cereal with 2% milk, 1 banana, 2 pieces of whole wheat bread with some real butter, cup of orange juice – simply orange)
11:00am Went to Barnes and noble and read through 90% of the great omission by Dallas Willard
3:00pm Worked on my study of the book of James
5:30pm Walked to the local middle school and shot hoops
7:30pm Did some general internet research, college ministries, past churches websites, Christian music
10:00pm - 1:30am read through 90% of Josh Harris book Not even a hint

The more I come into His presence the more He asks of me. It seems he’s not content with just a portion, but wants it all. I say to Him, you have me Lord, but now what do you want me to do?

If I give up TV, and I give up food, and I give up friends, and I give up my possessions, and I give up money, what now?

I’m driven to dive deeper into His word. I’m driven to rethink how I live my life daily. I’m driven to know Him. I’m reading every resource I can get my hands on.

I’m not saying it’s been easy, as a matter of fact it’s been painful. He gives me the strength to endure. He’s promised me something so much better.

Have you ever been hungry? Not just for food, but really HUNGRY? It’s a desire that’s hard to explain because it overcomes and engulfs you.

I want to walk the path Jesus walked, and I realize it’s not well traveled. I realize I want something I could never attain of my own power. I long for it, I crave it, I desire it, I’m consumed by it. It’s only by His power that I can follow. He’s whispered in my ear to STOP, to stop doubting, to just FOLLOW HIM. He’s shown me I’m not always going to understand, it’s not always going to be easy, but that if I go where he leads, he’ll take care of the rest.

Isn’t it funny how the light exposes the darkness? The more exposed I become the more areas he shows me that need His healing. I can’t resist His calling, He’s more for my good then I am. He knows what I need more then I do. His love is like no other.

LORD, I’m crying out to you! The tears streaming down my face are of Joy indescribable. The pain pales in comparison to the healing. I’m being sanctified by you, in hope of the day when I’ll be glorified and see you face to face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home