Friday, May 12, 2006

The Passing Time

I wrote the following poem a couple years back:

As I look around and see the many things that follow me
I contemplate my mistakes and dreams I hope about someday
The time gone by, opportunities missed, feelings held back
The hurt, the pain, understood and yet held in
The wishing of just to go back and change the past
And then realizing how I’ve learned from these things
The effects they’ve had, good and bad

The Time it passes by...

As I grow and come to understand the things I never knew
My joys, my talents, my self
It leaves me wondering, who to be, which way to turn
How do I cope with such decisions and then it comes
The great wall to climb, each step higher then the one before it, always growing…
LIFE, The continuous struggle
But I must not give up
I must overcome such challenges

The Time it continues on...

Now at the peak of my struggles, a burden lifted, self-confidence restored
I remember who’s within me, my inner strength
It’s my Lord Jesus
When I am down, I look to Him
when life’s too hard, I cling to him
When it looks like all is lost, he lifts my head
He is what makes me, me

The Time it steadily continues...

The wisdom shown gives me my joy and happiness
My knowledge is of right and wrong
He shows me how to live, how to survive the hardships of life
He stands by me in my endeavors; He is my light in darkness

I will survive, and Time will go on and on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home