Sunday, May 7, 2006

prayer and praise

When one door shuts, another opens.

God brings people into our lives for a reason. We may not fully understand the reason at the present, but He calls us to persevere and have faith.

During those times we feel totally alone, abandoned, and deserted. When we cried out in sorrow, and asked why. When we questioned why we were even born. When all seemed lost. He was carrying us in His arms, wiping away our tears, and whispering "I am with you, your going to be okay, trust in Me." In looking back at those times Gods love seems obvious, but in that moment all He required from us was faith.

We go through seasons of life. In each season we are challenged, and grow in new and wonderful ways. His will for our lives is greater then anything we could ever imagine, and will give us eternal fulfillment.

God has forced me to rewrite my definition of success. I'd once considered success to be a college degree, and a sixty thousand dollar a year salary. I'd pray for the success of my own plans. I'd pray for the material possessions I thought I deserved. I'd pray for a girlfriend, like all my friends had.

God revealed His definition of success.
1 Corinthians 10:31 (NIV)
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

My definition of success wasn't based on my God given purpose; to bring Him glory. Even if I'd accomplished all the things I called success, I'd still feel empty. His will is the only one that would give me everlasting Joy and fulfillment.

I finally understood what it meant to "lose my life, to find it"
Matthew 10:39 (NIV)
Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.

I continue to grow in this understanding, and commitment. I pray for the strength to persevere, the wisdom to understand, and the courage to follow.

Are you ready for a God written love story?

1 Comments:

At Monday, June 05, 2006 2:05:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Open heart, open vessel for God to use. Prayers Answered Tears of Joy!!

L.U.M.U
you know who

 

Post a Comment

<< Home