Thursday, April 27, 2006

the price

"but i'm not going to lie to you, it'll cost you everything to follow him" - John L Cooper (skillet)

He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it.
Matthew 10:39 (NASB)

Are you willing to give up everything to follow Him? I'd ask myself this question regularly. It was so easy to say, but could I truly live it?

Could I give everything to Him? My health, my family, my friends, my possesions, my job, my money; my life?

My definition of success would never fufill me, and would only offer me temporary happiness. My own pursuits left me empty and disappointed.

He took me in His arms, broken, and restored me. In Him, nothing was impossible. In losing my life, I would gain it.

I began to understand that His will was greater then anything I could every imagine, and would completely fufill me. That He was with me, and through Him I could stand against any enemy. In His strength I could find courage. In His love, I could be made whole.

Although the price is your life, the reward is eternity with Him.

What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul?
Matthew 16:26 (NIV)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home