Saturday, March 25, 2006

Sorrow

I willingly submit to you, I surrender my dagger, and expose my most vulnerable region. The decision is thus, to either strike deeply and destroy or surrender you dagger unto me so that I may ponder the same. I give the outcome to God, whom if struck, will heal the wound no matter how severe. Upon being struck, you notice it not for the shock of the blow. As it settles, you realize how deep it goes; you can barely breath, you go numb, you collapse. You long for death but it escapes you, for God has spared your life. As you lay bleeding, the tears stream down your face, and God holds you in his arms. For pain and suffering is the nature of the flesh, and unto it we submit, but Jesus has conquered the flesh, and gives us eternal salvation in him. The pain will remain for a time, but healing has already begun.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home